Monday, October 27, 2008

Abandon Thought and Let the Dream Descend...

Actually don't. I'd suggest using your mind.
I had something incredibly deep and profound for you earlier
But since drinking quite a bit of pepsi, my brain cells are bouncing around
at an unusual rate and I've lost all that once rested upstairs.
Not good, since I've a creation studies test to study for.

Books I've read lately:

Cast Two Shadows: The American Revolution in the South, by Ann Rinaldi:
"No," I said dismally, "the war just brought it all to a head. I think none of us know who we really are."

Good stuff.

Jack's Life by Douglas Gresham
This book is written by C.S. Lewis's stepson. Quite a great deal of insight. Narration is really down to earth. I recommend it to anyone who's interested in C.S. Lewis. I now have a much better understanding of Jack's life, with which I can better nderstand his writings. Plus it's encouraging. And it's short. Good read :)

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I didn't think this book would be good. I was kind of disgusted by how pessimistic and hopeless it seemed to be at first. But, it gets better. Still, I feel a little uncomfortable about how bleak it is. Redeems itself to some extent though.

Forbidden Doors by Bill Myers
First in a series of Christian books for young adults. Short reads. Pretty good. Looking forward to getting a hold of the rest of the series once other Children's Lit students are done reading them.

Right now I'm reading C.S. Lewis's Out of the Silent Planet


That's some good stuff for you :) I'm going to go do my homework. Or attempt.



God Speed to you and yours

No comments: